Ocoee Rangers Forums
April 25, 2024, 11:15:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Howdy: Welcome to the Ocoee Rangers Forums! As a guest you are welcome to browse the forum, but you must register to be able to post. The Ocoee Rangers is a SASS® Affiliated Club. Click the SASS -bowlegged cowboy logo-™, above right, to go to the SASS Home Page. Click the OCOEE RANGERS header image above for our Home Page with monthly newsletters, scores, photos, and archives. The Ocoee Rangers is sponsored by the Cleveland Hunting Rifle and Pistol Club Cleveland, TN, USA chrpc

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register Scores  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Last week I had a little unscheduled helicopter ride to Erlanger Hospital...  (Read 208 times)
A A A A
Limp Along Charlie
Plowing straight ahead come what may...
Sheriff

« Topic Start: April 25, 2019, 02:38:46 AM »
ReplyReply

I just wanted to let the Rangers know what has transpired in my life over the last week...last Tuesday, the 16th, I lost the use of my left side...both arm and leg. As a result I took a fall and could not get up. As Grace would have it, my daughter and grandchildren stopped by a few minutes after I hit the floor...she recognized the way I was acting could be the results of a stroke, kept her cool and called an ambulance...the EMTs were here in just a couple minutes and did an evaluation and it turned out she was right...I was having a stroke.

Long story short...the EMTs loaded me in the ambulance and met the Lifeforce helicopter at the soccer fields on Mouse Creek Road up from my house and after loading me into it, they  took off toward the Erlanger Stroke Center in Chattanooga. Less than 15 minutes later I was getting a CT scan and the results showed I had an almost fully blocked carotid artery on my right side and they started TPA to dissolve it while threading a "vacuum" up through the artery from my leg to my neck where the blockage was located...they were successful in removing the blockage and installed a stent to keep it open...the doctor that did the procedure said I "dodged a bullet" by getting to the proper place (Stroke Center at Erlanger) and getting the TPA to dissolve the clot for removal before permanent damage resulted...for successful stroke treatment, minutes can matter.  My mom had a stroke in her 40's and never recovered...she passed away in a nursing home unable to walk, talk or feed herself, so I know how the life changing damage strokes can cause...

After 24 hours in ICU...2 days in a regular room and tests out the wazoo...they let me come home...I'm doing good. No issues with my speech, walking or balance or using my hands. Only issue is that I get fatigued quickly...this should get better with time as my body adjusts to the new medications I am now taking...except for the tiredness, I'm pretty much 100%...but I'm still taking everything slowly and not overdoing it...

Overall, I feel blessed that this was not far worse and and that a lot of little miracles came together to form a big one...praise God for this!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 02:44:42 AM by Limp Along Charlie » Logged

"There's a cowboy in the jungle
and he looks so out of place
With no plans for the future
He still seems in control
From a bronco ride to a ten foot tide
He just had to learn to roll

Roll with the punches...
Play all of his hunches
Made the best of whatever came his way
What he lacked in ambition
He made up with intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Ocoee Red #31751
Forum Marshal

SASS Regulator

« Reply #1: April 25, 2019, 03:20:11 AM »
ReplyReply

Sure hate to hear that Charlie but glad you got quick care. Take care and hope to see you soon.

Ocoee Red SASS#31751

YOUR ONLY AS GOOD AS THE LAST TIME YOU SHOT!

SASS Regulator
4-Time (2020-23) Tennessee State Elder Statesman Champion
2 Time (2016-2017) Tennessee State Silver Senior Champion
5 Time (2011-2015) Tennessee State Senior Champion
OFF-N #1   
SassVet #470-sassvets.homestead.com/
NRA Life
ROII
SBSS#1054
Ocoee Rangers
Tennessee Mtn Marauders
Oak Ridge Outlaws
Judgem All Duncan
Lord of the Soot
SASS Regulator

Sass Regulator —-Black Powder Gunfighter

« Reply #2: April 25, 2019, 04:00:34 AM »
ReplyReply

Thank you Lord!

Glad you are on the mend.

SASS REGULATOR
Jedi Pale Rider Gunfighter #119
TN Mongo
Forum Sheriff

« Reply #3: April 25, 2019, 01:51:00 PM »
ReplyReply

OMG! Thank the lord your daughter stopped by when she did.  We're praying for a speedy recovery.
Keystone #47578
Deputy Marshal

« Reply #4: April 25, 2019, 02:14:04 PM »
ReplyReply

Dang, what an experience! Glad all worked out okay and your on the trail to a full recovery. May God Bless!

Vaya con Dios Amigo, Keystone

Jedi Gunfighter #16
Support your local Gunfighter
Sudden Sam
Deputy Marshal

« Reply #5: April 25, 2019, 02:54:58 PM »
ReplyReply

Dang Charlie, glad to hear that you are on the mend.  Talk about folks being at the right place at the right time.  Wishing you a speedy and uneventful recovery and looking forward to seeing you before too terrible long.

Be Well,
Sam
Marshal Too Tall #36690
Deputy Marshal

Top Gun and Long Range Champion

« Reply #6: April 25, 2019, 06:06:01 PM »
ReplyReply

What some people will do to get a helicopter ride!  Seriously though, we are glad you are doing well and continue to get better.  You are very bless as my dad died from a stroke.

...Too Tall...

SASS #36690 RO1
TN Mountain Marauders '07, '08, '09, '10, '11 Top Gun 
Ocoee Rangers 2015-2016 2018-2019 Top Outlaw
Ocoee Rangers 2005-2007 Top Gun
Ocoee Rangers Long Range Champion 2014-2019
TMM 2011-2015 Long Range Champion
TMM 2015-2019 Top Outlaw
TMM 2016 Most accurate shooter shooting Outlaw
An Outlaw still aiming is still in training!
Dirtwater Fox
Deputy Sheriff

« Reply #7: April 25, 2019, 11:37:06 PM »
ReplyReply

glad you are doing good "TO GOD BE THE GLORY"
Fast Harley
SASS #34953
SASS Regulator

Jedi Gunfighter #90

« Reply #8: April 26, 2019, 02:57:34 AM »
ReplyReply

Speedy recovery, Charlie!

SASS#34953 NRA SMSS Life  Oak Ridge Outlaws Ocoee Rangers  
Hooten Regulators ROII Jedi GF#90 OFF-N #54 Highland Regulators,Hole in the Bar Gang,Dooley Gang, Tn. Mtn. Marauders. S.A.S.S. Regulator
Ride 'em hard,but don't put 'em up wet.
'14 Rangers 1st Outlaw , '17 Rangers 1st Outlaw
OUTLAW clean match Black Gold '15
OUTLAW clean match Tn. State '18
'20 Marauders 1st Outlaw -Tn. St. Outlaw
Kid Ziggy
RO II, Wild Bunch RO
Deputy Marshal

« Reply #9: April 27, 2019, 12:22:16 AM »
ReplyReply

Sounds like an adventure ... you know what they say about getting older ... it ain't for wimps !!

Kid Ziggy
Jedi Gunfighter #111
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: